Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just shoot me now!

I figured yesterday was the perfect day to start my holiday baking. Since Tj is on a diet and I am trying not to be a total fatty, I was going to make multiple goodies and take them to friends and family. I love to bake and I am one of those Martha Stewart watchers where I like to get everything out and measured first and then I start the baking process. I had everything out and was almost ready when.............

dun dun dun...




yes, that is right! The bottom of my flour canister fell out and I had flour EVERYWHERE. TJ was in the kitchen with me and after the 4-letter words came flooding out of my mouth, he started laughing hysterically and then ran for the camera. I was sooooo mad! (mom- now I know how the cinnanmon roll story came about). I just stared at it for a few minutes wondering how to even begin cleaning this up.

After getting my hand broom out and sweeping as much as I could into the trash, I brought out the amazing Dyson and he picked up everything else in the cracks. This machine never ceases to amaze me!! If you blow up the picture you can see flour in every nook and cranny by the oven. uuggh!! it was so bad!


After I thought it was totally cleaned up I ran the vaccuum just to make sure I got it all and this is what came up:


Amazing!

I continued on my baking journey and as I was pulling the snickerdoodles out of the oven, I reached for my hot pad and found this:


I have a feeling I will be finding flour for the next year or so! If any of you are stumped on what to get me for Christmas (hehehe) I need a new set of canisters.

7 comments:

McRae Family said...

Perfect, I was wanting a good idea. ALthough that wouldn't be that fun for TJ. I have a lot of good ideas but they're all for you. None of my ideas would be good for him. That totally sucks though. We need to figure out when we're doing gingerbread so we can get together and make the best ones and win this year!!

Jen said...

Ha Ha! I love that TJ was there to take a picture- It just wouldn't have been the same.

melissa hogle said...

Oh man - don't you just LOVE when stuff like that happens! At least you are a great sport about it!

McRae Family said...

the hats went along with the theme...SOS, it was a nautical theme. And no they weren't my idea, that was our youth committee, they found them and we wore them!

The Gunnell's said...

I had that happen to me too!! I wish I had that vaccum though when it happened. Those situations all you can do is laugh.

Randee Mecham said...

oh Jen even if I'm a scrooge there is no way I could go without three kings in the cd player!! I am so excited to see everyone! We will be there in a week. I want to come see your house!

Livin' Wright said...

HHAHA! sorry Jen, but all I can do is Laugh at you! That sucks!