Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I've got nothin'

Its so nice to her that you all read the blog and are sad when I don't update as often but I regret to inform you that my summer has been relatively boring and haven't had too much going on. I know what you're thinking "how could that be? " I live for the summer time but we really have just been working and lounging around the pool ( and eating out ALOT because it is way too hot to cook!!) Good thing I keep ditching the gym too!! I am so proud of myself!















I did have one fabulous week when Stewart and Robyn brought their sweet angel children to come visit. That has basically been the highlight of my summer. We lived at the pool for about 5 days straight and now I have a killer tan! sweet!! We swam and swam and swam some more, got out for a lunch break, and back in the pool we went! Tj is astounded at how long we swam each day. He's not one for the pool real often but I couldn't get enough, and neither could the kids!! Some how, I never got any pictures. I am very sad about this!!

The last night they were here, we were one of the lucky ones who got to go see Wicked. and it was WICKED!!!! I didn't know very much about the plot or any of the music but it was really good and surprisingly funny! I highly recommend it. We of course had to eat dinner first so we made our way to the wonderful Oreganos on Mill Ave for some tasty pasta. yum yum!! There is just nothing like that place (although we found a new place this weekend in Ol Town Scottsdale called The Italian Grotto. Soooooo good! Their fried Zuchini is to die for. Literally!! Anyways- back to the pictures!





















This sadly is the only picture from the show





Lately, It's been too dang hot to do anything right now so I basically move from one lounger to the other on my days off. Get out bed, go to the couch. Get off the couch, go to the pool, Get out of the pool and go to the kitchen table, leave the kitchen and head back out to the pool, leave the pool, and come in to watch a little TV. Leave the TV to find some dinner, and back to the bed! It's quite lazy and I'm getting sick of it but otherwise I end up leaving the house out of boredom and decide to go shopping and spend way to much. So then I'm bored again. It's a vicious cycle. what do you do during the hot summer days? I need a project or something!!

I do, however, get to clean up from the lovely hurricane we had this morning that trashed my pool and backyard. Don't get me wrong, I do love myself some rainstorms, but this one was pretty mean! ah well.... I guess it's better than nothing!














Just look at my poor gazebo. Tossed and turrned in that storm. I will delegate Tj to fix it hehehhe. It looks so sad!



















I can guarantee 1 thing: I will do much better in the future with this blogging thing so Stay tuned!!

On a side not: We are still loving the vita mix, I even made bread with it!!



Can you believe that?? It wasn't the best tasting bread but i have other recipes that are sure to knock my socks off!!

4 comments:

Caton said...

1. good work, finally a post...
2. you are tan, geez, that's jelousy talking here
3. how come you never invite me over to see your gazebo and outdoor furniture?
4. i can't remember what else

McRae Family said...

I love home made bread! We are doing a pioneer primary activity day and we are going to make butter. So we practiced it today at our meeting and it was so yummy. I totally want home made bread with fresh butter now!!

aleisha said...

Lol. Sounds Like its time for kids.

Jen said...

Summer's are suppose to be lounging by the pool:)
But i agree, even that can become boring.