Thursday, February 10, 2011

changes

I can't believe it has already been 2 weeks since this guy was born and I also can't believe how much my little man has changed. He looks like a totally different baby and he's such a good boy!














I just love him!
I keep getting alot of the same questions from people so I figured I would answer them on here so I can remember all of this:

1. How has Mason been since he's been home?
AMAZING! He's such a good, good boy. We have had 1 bad screaming match that lasted about 2 1/2 hours and that's it. Otherwise he eats, sleep and poops ( and lets me love on him all day). Every once in awhile he will get a little fussy but usually we can figure it out in a few minutes and make him happy again. He especially loves driving around in his car seat. It is so funny how instantly he will calm down when we are driving to his appointments. He loves his vibrating swing and that is my go-to-toy when he gets fussy. He absolutely hates tummy time and screams the whole time. He is starting to figure it out though and can move his head left and right with no problem.

2. How was TJ in the hospital and how is he at home?
He was so good in the hospital. He joked for 9 months that he wasn't going to be in the delivery room. He said he would be sitting in the hallway waiting until it was safe to come in. Of course he knew I wouldn't allow that, so instead he was right by my side the entire time. He was scared to hold him at first but jumped in and did great. He is so gentle with Mason at home and still doesn't like when Mason starts crying. He can try for a few minutes but then I seem to get him back (which is perfectly fine with me). Tj is an incredible dad and I can't wait to see them together when Mason gets older

3. Is Mason on a schedule yet?
Yes, for the most part. He pretty much eats every 3 hours and then gets changed and rocked to sleep. I try and keep him awake for a few hours in the afternoon/evening so that he'll fall asleep quickly in the middle of the night. There are many occasions where he will take 30-60 minutes to fall asleep. I haven't fallen asleep while rocking him yet but I don't know how many infomercials I can watch at 3:00am.

4. Is he growing fast?
When he was born he weighed 8lbs, 9oz. 4 days later, at his first pediatrician appointment, he had dropped to 7lbs, 12oz. The doctor was a little concerned because he was on the low end of what is normal. He told us to move to 3 hour feedings instead of 4 hour ( which is what he was doing at the hospital) to help bulk him up. We went in this afternoon for his 2 week appointment and he had jumped to 8lbs, 8 oz. Success!

5. Have you been on your own since the hospital?
NOPE! Lucky for me, my mom stayed with us for a week and it was so nice. She took the night shift and let me rest and recooperate. I would get up and feed, change and get him to sleep and then I could pass out. She did all of my cleaning, cooking, laundry and even made us a bunch of freeze ahead meals ( which we are using tonight- thank you!) I really want to build a poolhouse for her to move into. TJ's mom has also been here and she loves to just sit and hold him which is noice because then I can rest or get my shower in or run errands. We will miss her when she flies back to Missouri.

6. How are you feeling?
Great! With my mom here, I didnt have to do too much getting up and down and I am starting to feel fabulous. I am stil sore and somedays are better than others but as long as I stay on my Ibuprofen, then I am good. I am tired but I try and sleep in after his 8:00 feeding and I take naps occasionally. I hate naps though, they always make me feel weird when I wake up.

7. Are you going back to work?
Not right now. I have been waiting to be at home with our baby for so long and I just want to soak up every minute of it. maybe someday down the road, I will work every now and then but I feel like I should be with our sweet boy as much as I can. Tj is busy with school and hopefully keeping his busy with work so if you need any granite, give us a call :)

8. Did you love pregnancy?
NOPE! I was sick all 39 weeks and would throw up every morning before the day started. I gained about 45 lbs and my stomach took the brunt of it. I have lovely stretch marks to prove it. I know there are some people who love being pregnant but I am not one of them. I do however love the end result and wouldn't trade it for anything. I am just going to have to gear myself up for the next one.
We just love our little Mason and we are so grateful to have him in our lives. He brings so much joy to us and so much love in to our home. I feel so blessed!

8 comments:

Caton said...

love it, he's sooooooooo cute!

Leisel said...

So cute. My fav is the pic in brown stripes with the confused look on his face. What a sweet baby.

Leisel said...

So cute. My fav is the pic in brown stripes with the confused look on his face. What a sweet baby.

Leisel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McRae Family said...

I'm so glad that you guys are doing so well! I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Lindsey said...

Love this post!! You sound like you are amazing parents - no surprise to me! Love you!

Ashley Breinholt said...

He is so cute! I'm glad you have a good baby. Its so much easier when they're sweet babies and not screamers. Enjoy every minute. It goes way too fast (trust me my baby turns 4 this year). Oh and I totally agree with you on being prego. I hate it and would love to be able to fast forward through it.

What did ya think? said...

After Hailey saw the pics of Mason right after he was born she said, "ewe. why can't babies be born with clothes on instead of just being naked?"