We were on our way to Matta's for our last and final meal at the original establishment and when we walked up to the front door there was a line just to put your name down. We heard it was a 1 1/2 hour wait so we decided to "exnay" that idea and drive to find somewhere else, and fast. When I am hungry I am cranky!! Tj got this bright idea to go to a Guatamalan restaraunt ( that is where he served his mission) and it was not what I had in mind.
They started with these tostada things which were your pretty average nasty tostada. A regular tostada thing with a black bean puree and the stinkiest white cheese I have ever had. Tj was gobbleing it up but I had about 3 bites and couldn't finish it.
Then came my meal. Fried bananas.
I thought these wouldn't be too bad but as they arrived I noticed they were sitting in a pool of more black bean puree and sour cream. Not my idea of a good time if you know what I mean. I ate it but not very happily and Tj couldn't get enough. I guess that's how you know love exists. You will do just about whatever it taked to make the other person happy!!
P.S. Although this picture has nothing to do with the post, I just had to add it in because it's so funny.






11 comments:
I'm so sad! I just read the original Mattas post today! I wish we would have known so we could go one last time! The Mattas on Higley and Brown just isn't as good as the original one :(
That food did not look too yummy. You're a good sport for going along with it though.
Okay i have so many comments- 1. i went to mattas at 3pm and drove through the parking lot, and left when there were no parking spots. 2. i equally hated my alternate meal- it was el charro. id rather starve than eat that much grease. 3. youre a trooper. NEVER would i have agreed to eat that food. 4. karl- you are so right about the higley mattas not being as good as the original.
All I can say is YUCK!!! I know all about stinky, white cheese...Layne took me to Mexico when we were first married & that is all they had every where...I just wanted a cheese crisp with orange cheese!!! Boys & their missions! lol You are a good sport!
Ya, that is pretty gross looking!
Thanks, we really like it too! I got my entertainment center from Pruitts. It's in Phoenix, on like Thomas & 24th st. They have a ton of stuff and it's decently priced.
You are one brave woman. I would have told my hubby where he could shove his Guatamalan food...!!!
-k- So I'm the oddball. Where is the Guatemalan place? My hubby served there and is actually heading back to visit in 2 wks. Where did TJ go? what mission?
thanks he-he
summer@adaisyoriginal.com
P.S. Your bananas look really gross, I'd have to agree with everyone else. You are an exceptional wife and a good sport!!! Oh, and why a 'fifi' personalized license plate?
That's so funny. Ok, so I need your email address. I am having a baby shower soon and want to invite you. How are u? We seriously need to do lunch so email me girlie.
What a good sport. T.J has never been the same sence he came home from his mission. Maybe this is why!!!!!. That food looks nasty.Sorry T.J.
that has got to be one of the most distgusting dishes i have ever seen! i can't believe you ate it...you really must love him! :)
Post a Comment