Saturday, August 16, 2008

How do you do it?

This post is 2-fold.
Topic #1.
I learned a new way to curl my hair and and it turns out really cute but as soon as I walk away it goes completely straight and looks ugly again.

Curly

10 minutes later!!! seriously!



Why does this happen? How do you people keep it curly all day long? what are tricks and secrets? Pease help me here. I need some guidance from all you hair people out there.

Topic #2.
Tj is a "birthday suprise ruiner"!!!!! Every year since we've known each other he seems to always guess what he's getting. Like- last Christmas for one of his gifts I wanted to get him the season of that show on The Discovery Channel about Earth. I was looking it up online and TJ walked by so I told him to go away so he wouldn't see what I was looking at. Instead of walking away, he walked outside to the window that was behind me and watched me look up everything online. can you believe that!?!?!!? This year was no different. He had to use my phone and programmed in it was the name of the person I was getting his gift from so he "put 2 and 2 together" and guessed it. what a brat!!! Because of this I decided to give him his present today instead of on Tuesday when his birthday really is. Anyways- he always complains about how uncomfortable our couches are so I got him a Love Sac.



Even Rocky loves it.

So Relaxed....



I hope you enjoy it baby!! (even though I have been the one sitting in it all day. It's so comfortable!!!)

10 comments:

Jen said...

Way to go on getting his gift to him early.
I have been planning a gift for Scott for 3 months already and i still have until Sept 25th. I've had to communicate a ton w/ an individual who is making the gift for me several times & i'm so so so surprised he hasn't caught me yet.

& regarding topic #1. The only suggestion i have is to use a ton of product while your hair is still wet, then give a light spray right before curling.
I am also a fan of rollers too (it's just hard to find ones that you like). Good Luck!

jackson family said...

first starch spray by redken then while the curl is hot hot it were you want it and spray it wait a minute and let go...this should make it stay ALL day did a friends hair at 5am like this and when she came out of the temple at 8pm it was still in and this was like last month so it was hot but the humidity will get you

McRae Family said...

What a freakin punk. Chris did that the first year we were married. Every holiday, I would come up with a great present and all of a sudden he would start talking about getting it, or just go out and get it himself before I had a chance.

As far as the curly hair goes, what you may want to try is to put a bobby pin in the curl when it is still hot to hold it in place. Then continue curling and pinning the rest. You will look a little old ladyish but just do it! Let the curl completely cool before you take the pins out. And of course a good hair spray will help. Hope that works for you. I know your hair will hold a curl, I've done it!!

Molly and Molly said...

very funny jen, to mock my harry potter pain - this is very serious to me!!! :)

anyway, i too have a terrible time curling my hair. my stylist said that it works better if you have more layers (it won't pull the curl out), plus having kind of dirty hair. Unfortunately, i've only had one day where my hair stayed semi-curly & that was only the ends. good luck & know that i feel your pain (and do not mock it!)

finally, michael is also a chronic present ruiner - he ALWAYS knows what i'm getting him. i've started keeping a secret list of stuff he says he wants, so that when present time comes around i don't have to ask him. it's all very spy vs. spy.

see you in a few weeks!

McRae Family said...

When I did it for you, I was using a flat iron. Its kinda hard to do when you are first learning, but once you figure it out, its so much easier. I feel like when I do flat iron curls, it tends so stay much longer than it does with a curling iron for whatever reason. As for going dark, I definitely wouldn't go dark all at once. Maybe going dark with some of the highlights. Just remember that once it is dark, its harder on your hair to go back to the lighter...not impossible though. We could even start with doing some darker lolights. There are lots of options!!

The Gardners said...

This is a 2 part comment:
#1- break me off a piece of that!
#2- lame, Tj, lame.

No, in all seriousness, you tried your hair when it was super humid. Give it a month and I think you'll have better luck. And, for Christmas, I'm buying Tj's present and you can pay me back after he opens it!!

aleisha said...

If jesse did that to me, I would have returned it and got him something completly opposite... like a treadmill or something. hahahha, im so mean!

Casey said...

Hey Jen! It is always nice to hear from old classmates! I'm glad to see you are doing well - it is fun seeing what everyone is up to. And we just have one baby - the dark haired one - the other belongs to our friends :)

The Gunnell's said...

hey jen! I just read your comment today. Me and Steve would love to go. Just email us directions. steveteresa2005@yahoo.com

Karissa said...

Regarding topic #1, I cant help you cause my hair has always been staight as a board. I have never been able to have cute curly hair:(

For topic #2, I am so just like TJ. I hate surprises and always ruin them. HAHA thats so funny. He is so sneaky! Love the Love Sac!