Saturday, September 6, 2008

I HATE JALEPENOS!

I got that e-mail that was being passed around that had some of the recipes from Costa Vida/Cafe Rio, so last night TJ and I decided we would make the creamy dressing and the sweet pork. I was the lucky one who got to cut up the jalepenos and then scrape the seeds out. Well, my eye started itching so, like a chump, i rubbed it and...... it was the worst burning pain ever!!! i am pretty sure I am going blind in my right eye. Then to top it off, some of the "spicyness" got underneath my 2 fingernails and I'm pretty sure those are going to burn off as well. what an idiot!!

Moral: use gloves when cooking with jalenenos, or make your hubby do it!

5 comments:

A. Kuhni said...

I hope all that hard work paid off in the end!

Hey, we want the recipes. Can you pass them on?

A. Kuhni said...

I am really excited to give it a try too. My email address is anpkuhni@yahoo.com

Thanks so much and enjoy eating it tonight!

Autumn said...

That is so funny!
Hey I think I might have seen you at the stop light on Stapley and Brown. Around 6pm? In a white car?
Or am I simply just crazy?

Karlee said...

Oh silly Jen! I love costa vida's sweet pork! Is it the recipe with a can of coke? I saw it on another blog and wanted to try it but I didn't know if it'd be any good, so let me know!

McRae Family said...

That sucks!! I can't believe you actually touched your eye. I'm such a freak about cooking with jalapenos for that exact reason. Lucky for me, I didn't have to learn from experience. I hope it was worth it.