Sunday, September 28, 2008

My week in a nutshell

Meet Rocky:
This is the little buger that kept us up all night last week but I am happy to report that he is feeling and doing much better. No more garbage diving for him! Being up all night has helped me to realize that I am not yet ready for a little baby beacuse I do enjoy my 9 hours of continuous sleep instead of getting up with him every 2 hours. I do not like the ER ( even if it is just for doggies). I also enjoy the comfort of my bed, instead of on the floor with him. Don't get me wrong here: it is nice to feel important and that you are taking care of someone or something but after this lovely week, I have a feeling it will be awhile until there are little Sherwoods wandering around here.


I had to call out for work because I had to be with Rocky all day so when I got home I decided to decorate for fall. I loved doing it and now I am waiting and waiting for my Christmas decorations to go up. Last year I put them up at my mom's house in the first weekend in November and it may have been too early for most of you but I figure if you are going to take all the time to put it up you might as well enjoy it for while right? My only problem this year is that it refuses to cool down and if I did what i did last year I would be putting them up in 5 weeks. I doubt it will be cold by then!!!! I am sad!!


Then on Thursday my sister in law and I went to Dillards beacuse they are having a huge sale on men's clothes. We found a ton of shirts so I made TJ come down and try them on. In his pile we snuck in some killer golf shorts for him to try on just for our amusement. It was quite funny!!


Then later that night we went to our favorite restaraunt EJ's. It was sooooo yummy!! I love that place but it is only a quarterly visit because it can get a little pricey but this is our jewel in the Northeast valley. yum yum!!

I love my husband!!


That is all for now. Have a great week everyone! It's the first week in October and that always makes everyone happy! I love the holidays!!

6 comments:

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Wow! That sounds like a busy week. Poor dog. Hope he learned his lesson and I hope TJ was on the floor with you since that was his dog!! I hear you on the whole sleep thing. I haven't gotten a full nights sleep since I was pregnant!! Its been a long time and I can't wait for that to happen again!

Randee Mecham said...

Jen a baby is so different! You really won't mind getting up as much with your baby, I promise! Plus just read baby wise and your baby will be sleeping through the night by 3 months.
It being the first week of October really does make me happy! I am lucky b/c the leaves are all changing here. I'll be dieing in the winter though.

Mary-Sunshine said...

I love the fall decorations! I wish I had more to decorate with! I can't wait to do Christmas. I think I might put mine up super early, my little baby is due the first week in Nov....

Dave,katie,Courtney and Colton said...

Love the Decorating. I need to start on mine. After the first three months of haveing a baby you will get some good sleep. Atleast I did. I think you and T.J will be great parents.

jackson family said...

k I got the light brown ones they have some crazy thing on the side that I thought was cute...I am very excited for it to get cooler to wear them! And I did go with the brown painting tomorrow so cross your fingers. the sleep is not so bad when you have one yeah it is crazy but you sleep when they do so you get to sleep in and take naps ( least that is how it worked for me)

Heidi said...

Wow what a fun :( week you had. im sorry rocky was so stinking sick. you are a good dog mommy, sticking it out with him, making him all better. I love your decorations, i suck! I don't have any decorations for anything really. once we have money maybe someday i will make that effort to be creative. We are going to get together one of these days. we shall plan for something soon. by the way you two will make great parents when the time is right. and you will have beautiful kids! well we will talk to you later :)