Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Yummy Summer Treats

When we got married, Tj's sister and sister-in-law gave us one of my favorite gifts: an ice cream maker.


It made such delicious treats and we would use it all the time. Our sister-in-law had one as well so we would use it on Sundays and make multiple flavors. Unfortunately, when we moved, it went into storage and we didn't use it for about a year.

About a month ago we busted it out and made a super easy recipe (any liter of soda pop and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk) and it was such a mess. We had rock salt and ice EVERWHERE. After it stared melting in the kitchen, we moved it to the garage where I now have a dry salt puddle all over. then i threw the salt water out in the front yard and killed the grass (at least the small blades of grass that were there)

We finally got smart and saw one of these:


at Costco. Tj and I were both very excited and knew we had to buy it. It's soooo easy to use and soooo easy to clean up. I am so happy! We made a chocolate ice cream with Andes Mints in it and I would have eaten the whole batch if TJ didn't beat me to it! Yum!

I love summer time! Anyone wanna come swimming with me? I promise the pool guy won't walk in!

6 comments:

McRae Family said...

I wanna come swimming...unfortunately all 3 of our cars will be at the shop tomorrow! Sad day for the McRae family!!!

Anonymous said...

Waaaaaaa!!! I wanna go lay-out and swim with you and eat home-made ice-cream!
~poor me, poor me, poor me... :(

Jen said...

Yum! I love homemade ice cream. There is nothing better:)

Molly and Molly said...

when i'm in town, let's find a day to lay out, make mint chocolate chip ice cream, & make an ice cream pie! what day-times do you have off of work?

Randee Mecham said...

Oh homemade ice cream sounds so good right now! I might have to convince Beegh to get one of those!

Anonymous said...

I think you need to have a girl swim and ice cream day!! count me in!