Monday, June 22, 2009

Healthy

OK, I just discovered the greatness that is Superstition Ranch Market! It's on Main between Greenfield and Higley and Tj would always talk about it but he took me for the first time in Saturday. It is incredible!! There is fresh produce everwhere and it's so cheap!!
We got all of this for $40:










I couldn't believe it! That would be like $80 at the grocery store. I am so excited. They had bell peppers 5 for $1. At Fresh and Easy they are 3 for $4. What a steal of a deal. You all have to go!! I will probably go again today because we have gone through alot of that fruit already.

We bought a Vita-Mix blender on Saturday as well and have used it like 7 times already in 48 hours. This is the best machine ever. If you can justify it- go get it!! You can make soup in like 4 minutes, rinse it out, and make fresh, cold ice cream in 45 seconds. Amazing!!
We like to make smoothies the most because you can add flax seed, fruit and all kinds of veggies and you don't even taste them. They are exactly like Jamba Jucice smoothies and it's sweet as can be! We also made ice cream, almond butter and TJ is dying to make fresh bread. LOVE IT!! Go get one!It is at Costco right now but I'm not sure how much longer they will be there. They come about 2-3 times a year so if you can catch it, great! If not, you can still order it online but it's more expensive.



Yummy!!

11 comments:

Jen said...

I Love the farmers market!!!
I need to go stock up again.

It's funny cause this is totally what we have been doing the last couple weeks is making smoothies- Yummy!

McRae Family said...

I'm so jealous of the vita-mix. I totally want one but can't justify it right now. Maybe in a few months when all of our cars stop breaking. I'm gonna have to go to that farmers market today maybe. I will be at school till about 2. Let me know if you wanna go again and we can meet over there

Alyssa said...

I love that farmers market. I used to go there all the time when I lived in Mesa. That blender sounds amazing. Maybe I should try it out.

Leisel said...

Great place huh! by the way, if you want any squash, we have TONS! Let me know.

Caton said...

i am not sure if i am jealous or saddened, i dont even know you anymore! long gone are the days of two taco meals and regular pepsi!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah! I miss home more than ever! Normal food sounds SO good right now.

melissa hogle said...

Hey! We should for sure get together! (If you don't mind that we haul a small midget named Macy with us everywhere we go:) ). I mean our husbands are practically boyfriends anyways who spend too much time with each other. We need to be there to monitor them! Serioudly though call us!

Lindsay Nichole said...

It really is the best right?! Watch out for the winter...the snowbirds are WILD out there with their produce! Love it!

Paul*Anne*Cohen*Addison said...

hello! we need an update :)

Randee Mecham said...

where are you! Your next post better be a good one saying your prego or something like that!! :)

Lindsey said...

I remember my mom taking me to that Superstition Ranch Market place when I was a little kid! It is awesome! The old people flock there like the Salmon of Cappistrono.

Kolt