Monday: We went to the ranch Market on Stapley and Southern and bought 3 lbs of Carne Asada meat. They marinate it for you so all you need to do is throw it on all the grill ( I am obsessed with the grill by the way). While TJ guarded the meat (so manly-ish might I add), I made homemade quacamole, got all the condiments ready (cheese, tortillas, and plain yogurt (an amazing and healthy substitution to sour cream) and set our outside table for a barbeque with our friends the Harveys.
Tuesday- Best kabobs ever!! OMG!! So yummy! Marinate chicken cubes with olive oil, honey and soy sauce for a few hours. String the skewer with chicken, pineapple chunks and yellow bell peppers and throw them on the grill. THE END!!
Wednesday- Crockpot day. I work later on wednesdays so I had to think ahead.
6 Boneless skinless Chicken Breast
Black Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Lemon juice
1/2 cup Garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon Seasoned salt
1 teaspoon Poultry seasoning
2 dashes Tabasco
1 cup broth
Generously pepper chicken breasts.
Combine with other ingredients in Crock Pot.
Set on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours. Serve with brown rice
Yummy!
Thursday- was pasta day! I made the yummiest bruschetta and I just keep thinking about it. uugghh!! Now I want it again!

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 1/4 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
4 cups fresh spinach, torn
1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
8 sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil, chopped
1 (1 pound) loaf focaccia bread, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
1/4 cup olive oil
Directions
1.Place the chicken and 1 cup salad dressing in a bowl. Cover, and marinate at least 3 hours in the refrigerator.
2.Preheat the grill for high heat.
3.Lightly oil the grill grate. Discard dressing used for marinating, and grill chicken 7 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Cool and shred.
4.In a large bowl, mix the cooked chicken, spinach, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining dressing.
5.Brush the focaccia bread with olive oil, and cook 1 minute per side on the prepared grill, or until lightly toasted. Place portions of the chicken mixture on the toasted focaccia to serve.
And then I made whole Wheat penne pasta with homemade pesto sauce:

2/3 cup packed, coarsely chopped fresh basil
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons pine nuts or sunflower kernels
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, peeled
Directions
1.In a food processor or blender, combine all the ingredients; cover and process until blended. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months.
Now I have to think about tomorrow. hmmm....... Time to get back on GOOGLE I guess. If you have any recipes that you just love and would like to pass along, I would greatly appreciate it. Happy Eating!
P.s.- I am OBSESSED with salads lately. I'm not sure why but I guess I will enjoy it while I can.






6 comments:
Seriously can i hire you as my private chef- Every thing looks so yummo!!!!
I am very impressed! And I think you're pregnant!
I could only wish!
AMAZING! YOU JEN ARE AMAZING! We need to do diner some night. for reals! we say it and we have yet to act upon it. :) Good work on all the delicious healthy meals! I need to get on the ball of making amazing meals.
Good job! You are amazing!!! Those all sound fantastic.
Post a Comment