Sunday, May 2, 2010

Backyard adventures 1.4

The title doesn't get to move a complete point (backyard adventures part 2) beacuse this is just a minor step but the the giant hole finally dried up. yay!! Now we can actually start tearin' it up back there. The leak had gone for almost 2 years straight so it was pretty wet down there.

In other news, the gardening is going well and my flowers are flourishing. YES!! I can actually do it! I also planted one of those Topsy Turvy tomato plants and it is still alive as well. I haven't seen any tomoatoes yet but I am coddeling it every day.


I also put some bird feeders out and we have 3-4 birds that look like mini parrots. I love just sitting outside and watching them sit on the feeder. One of them actually let me get within inches but then as I extended my hand, it took off. I think it was a house bird that escaped.



Hopefully we will get going in the next few weeks so I can actually enjoy it outside before it gets blistering hot out there.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh that house bird eating off your feeder is Cami's bird Cricket. Next time you sit it call it and grab it. She will be happy to know it's still alive and healthy.
(This was for Cami, Cricket is dead, her dog ate it)

Carly Nichols said...

I wish I had a backyard to garden and a pool. I will be in an apartment FOREVER!!!

McRae Family said...

I am so proud and jealous of you guys! I want my backyard done so bad! Why does everything have to be so expensive?

Jen said...

How fun to have birds like that. Katelyn would love all the colorful ones.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Now if you could only get your dogs to stop killing and dragging them in! hahahaha :-D

melissa hogle said...

Oh fun to have the birdies. I have to admit I read the below breakfast post and almost barfed just reading the ingredients. You are a strong stron woman......