Monday, July 26, 2010

Missouri

Well folks, we just made it back from the great (and muggy) state of Missouri. We went to visit Tj's family and had such a GREAT time and enjoyed 10 days off with nothing to do but play. Unfortunately, we may have played a little too hard because now we are exhausted!! And it is way too hard to get back into the daily grind.

The first real day we got there, we headed to the lake, which is literally about 10 minutes away and it was our home-away-from-home. It was so beautiful but of course, I forgot to take out my camera. On the first day, Tj forgot his sunscreen and came home as a baked lobster. I have always been a "sun worshiper", as most of my friends can testify, but poor Tj's fair skin couldn't handle a few house on the jet ski.

I of course am worried about the blisters but more worried about that terrible tan line he's going to have to sport around.

If you look closely, you can see all of the blisters. Poor guy!


I made Tj wear a shirt for the remainder of our stay because his back and shoulders could not handle another ounce of sun.


Our second home-away-from-home was Silver Dollar City. It's an 1800's style theme park and we had plenty of fun there as well.

We have this same picture from when we were there 3 years ago so I had to get it again.

Tj doesn't really "do" roller coasters so we sent him to the kiddy rides with his sister and her 2 kids. He loved it though, he had the biggest grin on his face the entire time like a 4 year old. I wish I could have caught it on camera.

Always breaking the rules.

Can't see it real well but Tj took 2 of his nieces on the water ride.

Here are a few randoms ones of TJ that I love:







We had such a great time and I'm so thankful to have wonderful in-laws who are not just in laws- but my family! I love you guys so much and I'm spo happy we were able to come out there to see you guys!

7 comments:

Jen said...

What a great trip!
Yikes! that sunburn looks painful.
I'm right there with you TJ, i'm not a roller coaster lover either. Even the kid ones scare me sometimes :)

Jamie said...

Ouch ouch ouch. That sunburn looks awful. I hope he's recovered. I did that in high school and now I have tons of big freckles and white scars where the blisters were. Not fun. Looks like a way fun trip.

Natalie said...

10 days with nothing to do, but play...how awesome!!! Looks like you guys had a blast! Loved seeing all the cute pics {sorry TJ got sundurned}! :)

McRae Family said...

Looks like so much fun....other than than nasty sunburn...yowza! Looks beautiful though, makes me wanna go play there for a few days

Caton said...

you guys are dorks! but i still love you! come visit me fatty, miss you!

Leisel said...

Hey, I just visited your blog yesterday and didn't leave a comment. Then you happened to visit mine, or do you have a tracker on yours??? Wierd. I told James all about your trips. Fun. Conway got real sunburned as well. I felt like the worst mom ever. Everyone like MO? Are Taylor and Marissa staying? Are you moving there?

Leisel said...

Hey, I just visited your blog yesterday and didn't leave a comment. Then you happened to visit mine, or do you have a tracker on yours??? Wierd. I told James all about your trips. Fun. Conway got real sunburned as well. I felt like the worst mom ever. Everyone like MO? Are Taylor and Marissa staying? Are you moving there?