Thursday, September 2, 2010

It's an OUTTIE!!

We had our big 18 week ultrasound today and found out the sex of the baby. We will have a house full trucks, plastic army men and action figures because it's a BOY!! yay! We are ecstatic but even happier that everything looked healthy and normal. I asked the ultrasound lady about 30 times to make sure everything was healthy and she had to keep reassuring me that everything was great. I do have to admit I was pretty set that it was a girl but I am not one bit disappointed, I just have to change my mindset a little. It will definitely be cheaper because you can't accessorize a boy like you can a girl so that is comforting to me right now.

He's a little mover and shaker and was "swimming" all around. The tech was amazed as at how much he flipped from side to side. He kept waving at us and letting us know he was right there waiting to come out.

One thing I have learned is that I have serious anxiety starting about 48 hours before my appointments. I start to fear the worst and have no way to make myself feel better but drop to my knees and pray as hard as I can that everything will be OK. I stress and stress and can't figure it out but the second I get to see that sweet little baby or hear the hearbeat all of that stress goes away and my heart is filled with such peace and excitement at the same time, if that is possible!

I can't wait to hold him in my arms and be this baby boy's mom. I can't wait to teach him all he needs to know and be there for all of his milestones.

Now to think of names.....Oh crap!

14 comments:

McRae Family said...

Yay! I'm so excited that we finally get a little boy in the family. Thanks so much for letting me be there. It was so much fun to be a part of and I can't wait to see him! He is going to be perfect so stop your worrying.

Randee Mecham said...

yay for being pregnant with boys!!! Our boys can be little friends! I don't know what you can do about your worrying. I think it is just a part of being prego. I guess even if there was something wrong you just have to think, okay everything happens for a reason.

Jamie said...

I worry the same way. It's awful but it just comes with the territory. I even tried buying a device that they say you can hear the heartbeat but it didn't work. Don't waste your money. Praying will help but at this point you are good in the clear. :)
Congrats again on the boy. I'm thrilled.

Michelle Andersen said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting!

Natalie said...

Congratulations, Jen! I am SO excited for you!! :)

Caton said...

Congratulations Jenny, you are going to be such an awesome mom, I am so excited for you and the Teegh!!!

Mandy said...

Congrats on the baby BOY!! Boys are so sweet! And the worrying, its all part of the job of being a mom ~ it never goes away!
Hugs,
mandy

Casey said...

Congrats Jen! Little boys are amazing! Two boy names I LOVE that just wouldn't fly with Tod are Rockwell or Monroe, both of which sound pretty great with Sherwood! :)

Jen said...

Yay! Congrats! Boys are so fun:)

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

What are you talking about not being able to accessorize boys. Mine has a hundred pairs of shoes and hats galore. They may not be bows and bracelets but stll very cute and fun.

Carly Nichols said...

Yay boys are so fun!!! Congrats!!!

Spencer and Amy said...

Yeah!! Boys are great, or so I keep hearing! There is something about the reassuring sound of a baby heartbeat that nothing else can compare to! I am so excited for you Jen! We are naming ours Max...the hubby got to pick the name since I have named both of our girls!!

Molly and Molly said...

Oooh, Rockwell is very East Coast, but I think the middle name definitely needs to start with a J. You've got to continue on with the -eegh nicknames.

Also, HURRAY!

Jen Olson Brown said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are awesome!!!