Monday, April 21, 2008

Introducing.....

We finally got the computer working so I can show you pictures of what we have been working on. The people that lived in this house before us were hard core chain smokers so we basically had to gut it out and start over. Keep in mind there is still alot that needs done and we are in the process of alot of projects but this is what we've done so far...

This room will need the most work so we have saved it for last. You can see the lovely wood paneling that I am so excited about. The geniuses that put it up did not do dry wall behind it so we can't take it off. Instead, We are going to do a wayne's coating 3/4 of the way up and then paint the top 1/4 chocolate brown. We took out the smoke filled carpet and layed down travertine and we also re-did the fireplace with a tumbled travertine and then we will have a slab of granite along the bottom that Tj still has to do.

BEFORE



AFTER




This is the family room for now. It still needs some decorating done in it but it sure looks alot better than it did. We added new carpet and travertine and also new blinds around the house. And of course a fresh coat of paint.

BEFORE



AFTER




Here are a few shots of the kitchen. This was also another big project but I am very happy with how it turned out. The copper painting behind the window in the first picture and the faux brick in the second picture had to go but Tj put up a fight for the brick. he wasn't gonna let it go that easy! We took out the linoleum and put down travertine and changed out the beautiful "natural wood" countertops for granite. (it sure is nice to know a granite guy) and new appliances. We also did the tile backsplash which I love!! It looks so much better now. Tj's friend Bryce is going to change out all the fans in the house so we don't have that ugly one in the picture.
BEFORE




AFTER





Here are the bathrooms. I don't have before pictures but you can kinda get an idea what they look like. You can't see them real well cause they are small but we had tile put in both of them. They were a gross linoleum tile all the way around which were filled with smoke stains. We had new sinks, toilets, bathtubs, cabinets and coutntertops put in. There is still a little work that needs to be finished but we have a few more projects ahead of that one.






Here are the 2 bedrooms. The first one is the one we changed into our room. I don't know how the previous people slept in these rooms. blah!! I still need to get night stands and lamps and that kind of stuff but our bed is so high that it is hard to find the perfect ones. Our bed was a canopy but the ceiling is too low so the fan would chop off the side bars. boo!



The second one is now our storage room. I still have some unpacking to do!



My favorite part of the house... our very own pool!!!! I love it and can't wait to swim. Tj took his first swim the other day. It was a bit chilly!!


22 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats Jen! I like what you did to your new home! I especially love your bed and comforter set...way cute! I'm glad things are going well for you guys!

Jewelia Eagar said...

cute! soon fun to see all the picts before and after. looks great. you need to have us over :) love your backsplash in your kitchen.

Jenny Johnson said...

I LOVE the house! It looks SO good! Your Kitchen is probably my favorite so far, but I love it all!!

Alyssa said...

Sweet!! Thanks for posting. It reminds me of our first house and all the work we put into making it our own, and most important making it feel like a home. Good job! It looks great. My fav part is the kitchen.

Alyssa said...

Oh ya, I meant to also say that my sis in-law had wood panneling in their old house and they just painted right over it and it looked great. It's a lot less work too.

Dave,katie,Courtney and Colton said...

Ya! I was looking for some picts. It looks great. I really like what you have done with everything. We will have to see it when we come in town again.

jackson family said...

wow I love taking old houses and making them look new and nice! it looks so good and I am jealous of your pool that will be nice!

Caton said...

it looks so good even if it is still a work in progress...your bed is gorgeous! we need to lay out by your pool stat!

Molly and Molly said...

Man! You guys have been busy - it looks GREAT! I think your girls night should be at your fabulous new home. Now Jen, when I get some time away & go to Mesa you HAVE to have me over. I'm just going to show up. Which room do we use to watch trashy tv & eat chips?

aleisha said...

not too shabby. Now that I am under control with the move, I can come over and help anytime. Do you realize we live EXACTLY two miles from each other now????

erin said...

who knew?? Jen wielding a toolbelt and a nail gun...i'm so happy for you and your cute house! And after i finally caved to turn the air on, it doesnt work! now i have lawnmower fan in my living room! booo. i've been sitting in the dark ever since hoping i can keep my bill down. I didn't use heat or air last month and my bill was still over $100...and i only have 750sq feet! UGH!

Michelle said...

So exciting we need to do a party at your house so you can show it off!!! It looks great.

Mary-Sunshine said...

Oh my gosh! How exciting! It looks sooo good! I love when people redo old houses and make them beautiful! It looks so good! When it warms up we will have to come over and use your pool!

Jen said...

Love It! Love It! Love It!

I'm sure that was a ton of hard work- but it's turning out great. I love the back splash in the kitchen!

SunGood said...

Wow! You guys have been busy! Looks AWESOME!! I totally feel for ya, we pretty much remodeled our whole house and its definitely a slow moving process!! I love what you've done!

Ty and Marla Stevens said...

VERY NICE! How fun to totally remodel a smelly house from the 70's and turn it into your dreamhouse. I love those flip this house shows. great job, but hurry and get done cause I don't have a pool of my own!

Heidi said...

we demand more topless pics of tj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heidi said...

oh, and the house looks great, too.

steele life said...

you have such great taste, i love the before and after pictures of your house, and that is great you have your own pool! you need to have a house warming party in your backyard when your house is finished! I love what you've done with it

Summer said...

we had the same paneling throught hte house. ughh! Feel your pain. In our kitchen, we kept some and painted it white for the waynes caoting, bead board look, and I like it. It's only under the chair rail though!

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

You house looks like its really coming along great! You'll have to have a party or something so we all can come out and check it out in person.

Karlee said...

Aw, your house is so cute! I'm so jealous that you have a pool!

P.S. Nice pic TJ!