Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sherwood Forest

This weekend was the annual Sherwood reunion. Tj's grandfather came from a family of 14 children so if you can imagine they had children and their children had children and some of them had children... that makes for a huge reunion. When Tj was younger there would be about 500 people that would go. It has dwindled over the years but still a pretty good turn out. Their family built a big lodge, kitchen and bathrooms for everyone and we stay at Tj's cabin so it's not real "camping" but we always have a great time.

It rained the entire time ( mom- those pictures are for you) we were there and was in the 60's if not the 50's so we really didn't want to come back home. I could easily move there for the summer every year. it's gorgeous.


We got there Friday and just chilled at the cabin and then headed up to the lodge. Rocky ( Tj's dog) kept trying to pick a fight with the hay bull ( what they use to practice roping). He thinks he's tough! it was pretty funny though.


I love this picture of TJ. he looks so cute! I on the other hand.... do not mix well with the rain. I love it, don't get me wrong but it does wonders to my hair.

again with the hair!

trying to be hardcore!!

Saturday we just hung out all day at the lodge and it rained and rained. It was incredible!! You don't ever see that much rain come down in the valley. That night we had a talent show and TJ's adorable niece Ashlyn got up and sang her version of " I am a child of God" It was the cutest thing ever.


Then Tj was asked to come up (because he was talking and being disruptive) to name the original 14 aunts and uncles in order. He couldn't get past the 1st 2. I'm ashamed!! Just kidding... most of the people couldn't do it.

The we got up this morning, ate breakfast and headed home. I am sad!It was a great weekend and so nice to be able to get out of here!

5 comments:

Autumn said...

I'm laughing because when I saw the picture of the dog, I was thinking it was a much larger haystack with a much larger dog barking at it. But then the next picture shows your dog next to you both and I then realized it's just a teeny little thing. Too funny! We just got back from our annual Peterson cabin/campout as well this weekend and also competely enjoyed the rain. Also, Love the new backround!

Summer said...

Awe! sad I missed you & TJ. the reunions are too much drama for us.(can explain later) We should meet up some time though. our boys could do Guatemala talk and stuff. I posted a pick of TJ at the reunion from way back when on my blog.

later!

Mary-Sunshine said...

That makes me want to go up north, I love the rain and rainy weather. It makes me want cinnamon rolls. What a good time!

Karissa said...

How fun. Any chance to go up north, I'll take it:) I love the rain pics. I think you so HOT!:) Your hair stood up pretty well I must say.

Katie Peterson said...

I am soo jealous of the rain!! I didn't know Jon has 14 bros & sis..WOW!! I bet that is one crazy, but fun reunion!