and could tell it was coming from this room. I seached and searched and searched and finally figured out it waas coming from the top bowl of our ceiling fan. Horrible images started coming into my mind of what could really be in there. I started to walk away and all of a sudden I see a flesh colored tail sticking out of the bottom!! I started freaking out and told TJ about it as soon as he got home. I wasn't about to go seeing what it was.
After showing TJ, I started freaking out that it was a mouse. And then I went crazy. I figured if there was 1 mouse, there had to be 2 mice and 3 mice and 4 mice and tons of mouse babies running around. I was digusted! I couldn't even think about it or I would scream and get the goose bumps. Tj has no desire to unscrew the fan and get it out so we called Tj's friend Justin, who is also our "bug guy" and told him this was his department and to get his butt over here ASAP. He couldn't come until today so he came over and we figured out a plan of attack. We got a big garbage bag and were all set up for when he unscrewed the fan. As soon as we opened up just a few screws from the top it's little head popped out:
Oh THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!! It was just a gecko!! I could not have been more relieved! We kept trying to get him out but he would just sit there, pirched on the top, staring at us. He didn't want to get out. I know our house is nice and cool buddy (yes, we turned our AC on last week) but it's time to get out of here and DON"T COME BACK!!
All of a sudden he lept out of the bowl and landed on the fan blade, then bouced to the couch cushion and scurried under the couch. We grabbed a bowl and trapped him but he got out and we were chasing it frantically around the house all while holding ROCKY so he didn't try and eat the poor fella!.
We finally cornered him and Justing picked him up and took him to the back fence. I actually felt bad for the little guy (actually he was like 4 times the size of a gecko, GROSS!!) because he had been trapped for a few days and I'm sure he was starving. I hope he got some crickets to eat or something..... just DON"T COME BACK!!
I'm so glad it wasn't a mouse. I think I'd have to move out if it was mouse!






8 comments:
Thats not that bad at all! I thought you were saying that there was a dead mouse in the bowl part of your light. I thought it was cooking in there from the light bulb like an easy bake oven or something. I'm glad it wasn't something worse, mice are so gross and filthy!!
I don't care what kind of animal or bug it is, it's violating to have them in your house!! Ewwww! Even though the gecko probably got smashed by a car on Brown rd.! I just did prom and it so was so bad...ha ha. Just kidding. I promise you will LOVE to people watch.
Ha Ha I don't think i ever would have thought to look in the ceiling fan. Good find & I agree, I'm glad it was not a mouse either. I would have screamed my head off:)
Lol! You just broug back BaD memories! Remember when we lived in the hood and I saw a mouse and I left to stay at my moms house and told jesse I wasn't coming home til he caught it! Ha ha ha then recently we had them at work and everyone quickly learned that I'm the biggest baby about mice and they were all screwing with me. They bought a fake mouse and put it in my desk drawer. I wish I had my reaction to that mean joke on video... Surely it would have won funniest video!
Haha! I don't think I'd be able to sleep at night! We had geckos all over our house when I lived in Hawaii!
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I laughted myself silly when I read this and saw the pictures. OMGosh..., still laughing...good stuff ;)
Jen- I got a message on Facebook that Molly Mason Gould was trying to contact T.J. It's urgent. If you huys haven't been reached yet, her number is 480-528-6573 or email mdsagould@gmail.com. I'm sorry & God Bless.
It's at Tempe Town Lake & It's FREE!
It open daily opening at 10:00am
Post a Comment