Saturday, December 19, 2009

The festivities have begun

Girl's night Christmas party 2009 was a success (except that we were missing a few girls) but we'll get you next time. It was full of eating and talking and reminiscing. It doesn't get better than that! And let me tell you.... we ate! and ate! and ate! but it was all so yummy. I love seeing these girls, especially because we have been friends for 15 years. isn't that crazy???? I think so!


This is what I mean by eating. Just look around. There are 3 plates of food just sitting infront of 4 girls. To quote Aleisha, "that's how we roll!!"


( I stole those from facebook- hence the large size. If you click on the picture you can see the full thing. I hate it when it does this)
Now back to reality:





Then we had our 3rd annual gingerbread competition at my dad's house. It is starting to get really fierce here. We are "supposed" to purchase one of those kits they have at Costco and decorate it but now we are all getting really creative and competative. It's so fun to see what we will come up with.
We went with the white trash theme this year and made an RV with an above ground swimming pool and a blow up snowglobe to top it off!!






My dad and debbie's house, they always get the perfectly decorated house award.

Valerie and Chris' which was amazing!!!! she made the gingerbread and stained glass windows and then put lights inside so it glowed through. AMAZING!
Tj would like me to add that he thought of the "puffs of smoke" on the chimeny. (hahaha there you go Val)

Camey and Dallan's "house" which was the twin towers. great idea!!

I am so pissed at my camera here! It just spazzed out when I was uploading the pics and now I can't get it back. Mike and Keighly did the monopoly pieces and it was so cute! It said "Park Ave" on it and underneath it said price: $350. Just a cute idea as well!


The little kids also got to create their own houses.


So fun! we have been busy with lots of parties...... I'm pretty sure TJ is ready to hibernate until Christmas but little does he know.... It will just get busier this week. I love this time of year and getting to see all of our family and friends.

In other news..... I finished all of my shopping, wrapping, baking, shipping an dmailing and I am so excited about it! Now we don't have to stress and we can just relax! yay!!

2 comments:

McRae Family said...

You forgot to mention that the broken windows and the guns and the camo hat were all my ideas!!!

McRae Family said...

So you were complaining about me posting ugly pictures of you and they weren't even that bad! They were just goofy faces, thats all. So I thought to myself that I know there have been times when Jen has posted bad pictures of me so I started looking at all your old posts and there were a few bad ones then I found this!!!!!

http://jenandtj.blogspot.com/2008/08/boys-will-be-boys.html


If anyone still needs revenge, its ME!