Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Blast from the Past

Yesterday Tj and I had to drive out to north west Phoenix to sign some papers. As we were turning onto Peoria Ave from the Black Canyon Freeway I looked to my left and saw a Sizzler. I laughed to myself and reminisced on the good times and the one on Gilbert and Southern from my childhood. I looked beyond the the Sizzler and let out a huge scream. Tj looked at me like I was crazy and asked me what was going on. Right next to the Sizzler was a Swenson's. I was in shock! I couldn't believe my eyes. Swenson's was a Mesa icon back in the day and it was such a fun family day when we got to go to Swensons. i remember my parents taking me there all the time. It was such a sad day when the Stapley and Main location shut down and turned into the China Buffet. Boo!! As soon as were done with our meeting, I made Tj take me there and I was so unbelieveably excited. I had a turkey crossaint sandwhich and we both had huge ice cream sundaes with the triangle wafer cookies on the side. ahhhh.... I am soooo happy!!








There is one at Paradise valley mall, one in Phoenix right by Castles and Coasters (where we went) and one in Tuscon. I wish they were closer but I am so excited about this!! I tried to convice Tj to franchise and put one in Mesa but he's not really going for it. hahaha

Just in case you wanted to know more: http://www.swensensicecream.com/

4 comments:

Jen said...

No Way! I loved Swensen's I would always want to go there for my birthday growing up.

I would always get the birthday dessert which was a clown icecream thing with a gum ball as the nose, or something like that :)

McRae Family said...

That ice cream sundae looks so yummy! I'm glad you got to go down memory lane!

Karlee said...

I remember Swenson's! I used to always get Bubblegum ice cream with the triangle wafers! That's so funny :)

Heidi said...

Jen you are as cute as they come! I love your shirt and head band! You are sooo HOTT!