Friday, June 6, 2008

All i can say is YUM!

TJ and I had to run up to Scottsdale yesterday for some granite stuff and I was dying to stop by Sprinkles Cupcakes. I've heard they are really good so I had to try them for myslef! All I can say is...YUM!! We got the Banana and dark chocolate, the lemon, and the coconut. They were so good. I highly recommend them... but make sure to bring your wallet because they aren't cheap. We paid $13 for 4. sheesh!! but delicious!



In other news.. I am running out of dinner ideas. Please help me!! If you decided to post a comment regarding this topic, please leave 1 or 2 of your favorite, EASY dinner ideas! we compiled a list last night and most of it was mexican food because it is so easy. Here are some ideas for you: tacos, chicken tacos, buffalo chicken wraps, nachos, fondue, tortellini with marinara sauce and garlic bread and anything in the grill ( ie. hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken). That's all we could come up with. Please help!!

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Sprinkles Cupcakes! Weren't those on Oprah?! They look awesome!

Anyway - about the recipes. I have a whole blog devoted to EASY recipes. http://lindseysrecipes.blogspot.com

Cody, Ashley, Rilyn, Casen, Brigg, and Brooks said...

Sprinkles cupcakes are the bomb!! We went there a few weeks ago cause my brother had surgery just up the road from there but they messed up our order. On the plus side they now owe us 4 free cupcakes. As for easy recipes, mine are mainly italian but still easy and yummy: chicken fettucini alfredo, spaghetti and grilled chicken, you can bake chicken with salsa and cheese on top of it and serve it with rice (very yummy), bbq beef sandwiches (cook the meat in a crock pot all day with 1 bottle of bbq sauce and about 1/2 a can of dr. pepper - trust me its good)

Caton said...

dude...we are addicted to crock pot stuff....pot roast or chicken...we put a 3-4lb beef roast in there in the am with or without vegetables(onion potatoes, carrots, celery, whatever) and cook it on low for like 8 hours with some liquid and beef bullion. then i cook noodles separately when the roast is almost ready and when the roast is done it is like falling apart and you add the noodles to the mix and it makes the best stew or with less liquid just plain pot roast. what's your schedule this week so we can try and lay out again.

Jen said...

Maybe some day i'll be able to experience such sweetness.

my easy dinners are
-home made pizza (i buy the cheap dough that you just add water & you don't have to wait for it to rise)
-any type of paste w/ garlic bread
-hawaiian haystacks
-marinated ck breasts- & i mix up the sides being, rice a roni, twice baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, and a variety of steamed veggies.
-sloppy joes.

I am also running out of ideas- so this actually helped me out too.

Amber Larsen said...

Those cupcakes look so dang yummy! I'm tempted to drive all the way out there just for that. As for dinners.... why is it so hard to come up with ideas? I don't mind cooking, but come on husbands give us some ideas!! There is an easy/yummy chicken recipe on the back of the can of French Fried Onions... we had that last week... also you can find easy chicken pot pie recipes, and I always love breakfast for dinner. Don't know why but I do. And I second the crock pot idea; those are the best!

steele life said...

as for dinner ideas, if you look on my blog there is a side menu, and on the one that says other stuff we like, there is a dinner website that this lady does where she puts recepies up on her blog you should check it out, and see if you like it. I also like RachaelRay.com website she has great food.

jackson family said...

sprinkles...they are so good but worse then krispy cream for you! I like the red velvet and the coconut one.
staples at our house
spag
taco soup
parm chkn
fettachini (sp!)
chkn pasta salad (cut up chkn curly noodles olives tomatoes and italian dressing)

so so easy I am such a bad cook and these are the only things that turn out right!

Molly and Molly said...

yeah, i can't cook really anything & as such have no recipes. but this summer my goal is to get better & i'm using this website to help me : www.pickypalate.blogspot.com she has great, yummy, easy recipes up all the time. i made bruschetta chicken last night & it was delicious

p.s. laying out update: i will not be home this week. but i'll let you know the next time (probably the week before the 4th of july)

Dave,katie,Courtney and Colton said...

I know how you feel I start to run out of ideas. On the back of Cream of Chicken soup they have lots of recipes. Chi and rice we all love that. Get on kraft.com they have a ton. I got a really esay meatball sand recipe. I have a really easy chi sand one that you put on crousants. Can be dinner or lunch.

Mary-Sunshine said...

Ok, this recipe thing has helped me! I am all about easy dinner recieps. One that I love is chicken and rice casserole. Cook the chicken and about 2 cups rice (cook the rice) add them together with a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of milk. I add carrots and broccoli sprinkle cheese and nuts on top. Throw it in the oven @ 350 till it is melted and that is it!

Jenny Johnson said...

I wish I knew some recipies of the top of my head, but I usually make all of the things you mentioned! BLTs are kind of a fun treat that I used to make before my diet. So you could try that?!

aleisha said...

yeah ive seen it!!! its nothin but sticks! Im gettin me some definition! come work out with me. its only like 30 a month... i need a partner!

Autumn said...

Uh...Jen, I have to say I was so excited to go to that Sprinkles place after you mentioned it. The Prince Girls all had a girls retreat in Scottsdale this weekend and so I thought it would be perfect to go there after shopping and stuff. Verdict: Not the greatest. Maybe it's because we were all so excited about it and talked it up too much. They were all very dry. We were kind of bummed. But no worries, not blamming you. It was still fun to try something fun and new.
Ok, It's time to get pictures from you of Chris and Val. Email some to me and I will work on a blog for them this week! autumnprince@hotmail.com