Then later that afternoon TJ decided it was time I learn how to shoot a gun (for self defense of course)and also just because he is obsessed with his new guns, so we met up with Chris and Val in Maricopa and went shooting. I actually did pretty well for it being my first time. I hit the target with my second try. Way to go Jen!!
Look- I'm a ghost! my hands are faded.
Then to top off the evening they have friends who had free passes to the "all you can eat crab buffet" at the local casino. wow!! there were some interesting people there to say the least but I couldn't believe how busy it was. We had to wait a good 1/2 hour to be seated. I also forget that you can smoke in public places outside of Mesa so we left reaking of smoke. blek!!
anyways- We tried the crab for our first time ever and I have to say, it's not my favorite. It wasn't bad and I could eat a few legs but TJ couldn't handle it. I think he ate one little piece and gave it back to Val.
After dinner I had to see how lucky I was. Here I am with my very first (and last) gambling experience. All I really wanted to do was the pull the lever on a slot machine and I figured it was OK because dinner was free, right? I was not lucky and lost all my money in 5 minutes. so sad!! I do have to say that I can definitely see how easy it is to get addicted though because I just kept wanting to win my money back. It's a good thing TJ was holding onto the money because I would have spent it all.
I guess we are back to the daily grind!
To finish off, I have to go back to my previous post and show you how beautifully my flowers bloomed. I think these are my new favorite flowers and they smell so delicious! Thanks again hunny! I just loved them and they lasted so long. They are finally starting to die today. boo!






5 comments:
I think those flowers are star gazers (lilies) They were my wedding flowers. On the actual wedding day only 3 had bloomed and once i got home from my honeymoon there were over 20 bloomed. it was gorgeous, however i wish they had all bloomed for the wedding day:(
I commented on Aleisha's on the hike- You guys rock!
Thanks again for coming out to play with us! We had so much fun. We are always saying that we want to get together with you guys more. Maybe now that you know there is a place to go shooting out here, we'll be able to convince you guys more often.
Hey Jen, I totally saw your brother Stewart (I hope that is how it's spelled) and his family this past Saturday at the Lehi Legacy Pool! It was crazy to run into them becuase your mom was the one who told my mom about the place and so we were there trying it out! Crazy huh? It looks like you guys had a great weekend!! How fun!
i'm jealous that you guys went on such a nice hike & astounded as well.
i will be letting you all know instantly after we get engaged, i feel it in my bones that it's coming.
Your mom's going to love the picture with the slot machine! Hahaha
Yeah, I gambled once.. and only once. I told my mom that I could have lost $50 just as easily at the mall! She said that was the lesson I was supposed to learn and we went on our merry way.
PS-I love your gun!
Post a Comment